The kids love pear season, and so do I. Pears disappear off our counter so fast!
I made this grown-up salad for my birthday a few weeks ago and it's become my new fall favorite. I can't wait to make it again--after a trip for more pears, of course. It makes a perfect weekday lunch for two.
- A big bowl of greens (leaf lettuce and spinach was a great combination)
- Slices of sweet red onion
- A handful of toasted walnuts (pecans would be good, but walnuts say "autumn" to me)
- Dried cranberries
- Chunks of yellow-ripe pear
- A generous topping of Gorgonzola crumbles
- All drizzled with tangy raspberry vinaigrette