Friday, April 25, 2014

Orange Julius


With another warm weekend approaching, I'm already planning what I'll serve my family. Must have a plan because Chris will be tearing up my kitchen to prep for the new countertop being installed next week--yay! If we can do some work in the yard before the threatening storms arrive, everyone will be delighted with this cool citrusy treat which I first tasted during my days living at a cult training center. Funny how the threads of the past crisscross each other!

I had completely forgotten this icy drink until a hot day earlier this month. I adjusted the measurements a little, and my family was delighted with the result!


Orange Julius (Yield: 4 large or 5 medium servings)

4 T. powdered sugar
2 T. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups orange juice
1 cup milk
ice cubes

Measure the ingredients into a blender/smoothie jar in the order listed. Add a couple of handfuls of ice--about two cups. (You want to leave a couple of inches of space at the top because it will get foamy.) Blend till ice is crushed and thoroughly incorporated. Pour into tumblers and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment