Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cobb Salad To Go


A few weeks I was looking for fresh lunch ideas. This riff on the Cobb salad was a hit with both my husband and my son. If I was serving it as a main dish dinner salad, I might add cooked chicken, but this made a fine mid-day meal.

When I sent this salad as a school lunch, I made it the night before but packaged the cheese, the dressing, and the croutons separately. Then my son put it together himself. Don't forget to pack a fork!


Jerusha's Cobb Salad
  • leafy greens (spinach/lettuce blend)
  • cherry tomatoes, halved
  • avocado, chopped
  • hard-boiled egg, diced
  • cooked bacon, crumbled
  • cheddar cheese, shredded
  • ranch dressing
  • croutons
I filled a bowl with torn greens, then arranged the toppings in wedge shapes on top, finishing with a drizzle of ranch dressing and a scattering of croutons.



No comments:

Post a Comment